I've been out in the kitchen prepping a shipload of fresh vegies for blanching - a result of spontaneous visits to some
local garden markets today. As I sometimes do when I'm in the kitchen, I started listening, at random, to one of the SCS audio lectures which turned out to be the very first podcast: "Knife Skills".
While listening to te podcast, It occurred to me that you've never mentioned turning vegatables. I'd be interested to hear your views on this technique, and, if you use it at all, your own method and and where you like to apply it..
- English Muffins...
- Steakhouse Steakburger... Animal style.
- Crabcakes in Baltimore
- Ask Chef Jacob Brioche Hambuger buns
- italian meringue/ stability problem
- Triple cooked French Fries
- Gnoci or Noike Bread--resurecting the food of childhood
- In search for perfect flour: Physico-Chemical Analysis of Flour
- Southern Fried Chicken