Simple question: what should a regular guy who likes to cook, and cooks a lot, look for in terms of equipment, on a reasonable budget? What sizes, types and the like. Is there a specific brand that you all like? Best bang for the buck? Over-rated?
Sure, given an infinite amount of money, a sweet set of All-Clad and La Creuset would be great, but...and I do have a few pieces I've picked up as gifts over the years, but I'm looking at replacing some of my older stuff and wanted to know what would be a solid set of general purpose cookware to have on hand.
Are there places you guys like to find things, on-line or other? Is there a difference between the things you'd use in a restaurant (other than size) and what you use at home?
I have a pretty good set of cast-iron that I bought and inheritied over the years, so I'm pretty set there. I also have a 7 quart La Creuset dutch oven that works great for a variety of braising and cooking techinques....
Thanks in advance. I'd love to hear from many of you on this. As a scientist I'm pretty data driven! This is a fantastic site and forum. So glad I did a search on chicken thigh recipes!
- Roger Ebert's Cancer cells Surgery Will not Postpone His New Film Reviews
- Hello from the Pacific Northwest
- Hello from Wellington NZ
- Cheesecake - Raspberry/White Chocolate and cheesecake tips
- Converting commercial yeast to sourdough?
- Pro Tip: Never trust a pan on the stove
- Sous Vide Question: Vacuum Seal -vs- Ziploc Bags
- Greetings From Downunder , Brisbane Queensland
- Greetings From Florida
- Anova & Sous Vide Cooking Temps / Times