I made my maiden voyage into Risoto tonight and was very pleased with the results.....it came out beautifly andente and creamy. I now understand why Chef Jacob calls Risoto a "Labor of Love," but one that's worth the effort.
Tonight's menu was 7 bone roast braised to perfection, served over risoto and finished with a pan reduction sauce, and aldente green beans blanched and sauteed with garlic and almonds. My family almost licked their plates. :-) Sorry for patting myself on the back, just wanted to share my sucsess with fellow foodies.
Any body else have a fun meal planned for this week?
- Pro Tip: Never trust a pan on the stove
- Converting commercial yeast to sourdough?
- Sous Vide Question: Vacuum Seal -vs- Ziploc Bags
- Greetings From Downunder , Brisbane Queensland
- Greetings From Florida
- Anova & Sous Vide Cooking Temps / Times
- Chicken A La King Recipe
- Large Baguette tray
- Pressure Cooked Beef Broth Experiment
- Storing bean burgers