I took my first shot at Beurre Blanc tonight. I made pan roasted Sea Bass with beurre blanc, rice pilaff and sauteed green beans with balsamic vinaigrette. Everything was very tasty, but the beurre blanc didn't emulsify. I reduced the wine down to next to nothing, melted in pads of butter, etc but it never came together. In this process what acts as the emulsifier, and what is the rule of thumb ratio for wine and butter?
Apparently emulsification is going to be my arch enemy in the kitchen, I still haven't gotten an aoli to emulsify.
It's sure GREAT to be back in the kitchen though!
- Hello from the Pacific Northwest
- Hello from Wellington NZ
- Cheesecake - Raspberry/White Chocolate and cheesecake tips
- Converting commercial yeast to sourdough?
- Pro Tip: Never trust a pan on the stove
- Sous Vide Question: Vacuum Seal -vs- Ziploc Bags
- Greetings From Downunder , Brisbane Queensland
- Greetings From Florida
- Anova & Sous Vide Cooking Temps / Times
- Chicken A La King Recipe