In this episode, we welcome J. Kenji Lopez Alt, managing Culinary Director of Serious Eats, and author of the wildly popular Food Lab Blog.
In September of 2015, Kenji released his book, The Food Lab - Better Home Cooking Through Science, which landed him on the New York Time's Best Sellers list.
Here are some things we discussed in this episode:
- What Kenji is planning for his next book, volume 2 of The Food Lab.
- How to keep egg shells from sticking to sous vide and hard boiled eggs.
- Kenji's favorite method for cooking hard boiled egs.
- How he like's to use "umami bombs" to make his food more savory.
- How to use gelatin to mimic restaurant quality stocks and reduction sauces.
- His experiments with soaking pasta before cooking.
- And much more.
Links for Kenji
- Buy his book, The Food Lab - Better Home Cooking Through Science
- Follow him on Twitter - @TheFoodLab
- Connect with Kenji on Facebook
- Read his Serious Eats blog.