Thanksgiving is fast approaching, and in this episode, we talk turkey!
In the discussion segment I explain why you sould never stuff your turkey or roast it whole. Yes, I know, sacrilidge right? But as cooks, it's our job to cook and serve the best product possible by applying the appropriate technique and execution. The truth of the matter is, the various parts of a turkey should be treated as the sperate cuts they are, and you will never produce the best turkey possible when roasting the turkey whole.
After I convince you not to roast your turkey whole, we discuss the best approach to cooking your turkey including:
- Pan roasting the breast.
- Making turkey leg roulades.
- Spatcocking (our whole roasting compromise).
- And sous vide preparation, cooking, and execution.
Your homework assignment for this episode is to do 1 of 2 things:
- Submit your Thanksgiving day question to be answered on an upcoming episode of the Stella Culinary School Podcast. This podcast will be released before Thanksgiving so you can put what you learn into action. You can submit a question by clicking on the widget in the right side bar (or the bottom of this post if you're on mobile), or by commenting on this post.
- If you don't have a question to submit, please share your favorite Thanksgiving day tip or memory in the comment section below.