In this episode I give ideas for sweet application using your sourdough starter.
Example Sourdough Waffle Recipe
- 600g Starter
- 900g Milk
- 600g AP Flour
- 100g Whole Wheat Flour
- Mix together and allow to double in size.
- 200g Melted Butter
- 100g Malted Milk Powder
- Dash Vanilla
- 100g Eggs
- 20g Salt
- 50-100g Sugar
- Stir into above ingredients.
- 10g Baking Soda
- Mix in about 10 minutes before making waffles.
Use a Belgium waffle iron to make waffles.
- Make sourdough brioche dough, roll to 1/2" thickness, and sprinkle in cinnamon, sugar and chopped nuts. Roll up, cut into rounds and proof. Bake, and top with icing for sourdough cinnamon rolls.
- Check out King Arthur's Sourdough Chocolate Cake Recipe.
Download & Listen To More Episodes
The Ask Chef Jacob Podcast is your chance to get culinary questions personally answered by a knowledgeable, professional chef. You can ask your questions and listen to all episodes by visiting the The Ask Chef Jacob Podcast Index.