- Chicken: (How age, breed, breeding mechanism and size affect flavor)
- Fresh turmeric
- Vacuum packing
- Ask Chef Jacob - No Really, Ask Me A Question ...
- Counter Top Deep Fryer Recommendations
- The Science of Freezing
- Phenonemon of overbrining
- Country Gravy
- Best equipment for confit & sous vide applications
- I've been challenged to produce the ultimate Hamburger Bun...
SCS 19| Twelve Steps of Bread Baking
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
Download This Episode
In this episode of The Stella Culinary School Podcast we discuss the twelve steps of the bread baking process.
Links and Information:
San Francisco Baking Institute (SFBI) - Great place to buy artisan baking supplies including proofing baskets, a baker's razor, canvas for a couche and much more.
Link to a discussion thread about "pizza oven" inserts for a Weber style grill. Thanks to RenoC and GreenBake for rounding up this information.
Recommended Books For Further Study
Also, check out this beautiful speech that Peter Reinhart gave at TedX concerning the 12 steps of bread.
For our complete list of audio lectures you can view The Stella Culinary School Podcast Index. For a list of video techniques, please visit our How To Cook Video Index. You can also subscribe to the Stella Culinary School Podcast feed through traditional RSS or iTunes.