- Fermented my sauerkraut, now what?
- How to avoid dry turkey sausage w/o just adding fat?
- Transferring from banneton to hot iron dutch oven
- Excited to be a new member!
- Halibut sous vide
- Using the Discarded starter
- sourdough starter question
- Types of Wood for Smoking
- French Fries
- How do you store your fresh bread?
SCS 12| Sauce Tomat
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
In part four of our five part mother sauce series, we talk about Sauce Tomat, the base for many variations of modern tomato sauce. We finish up our talk on thickening agents, with a quick discussion on purees, bread crumbs, and food grade gums like Ultra Tex 3 and Xanthan Gum. In the main technique segment, we go over Escoffier's classic recipe for Sauce Tomat, and then cover some modern variations.
Links For This Episode
For our complete list of audio lectures you can view The Stella Culinary School Podcast Index. For a list of video techniques, please visit our How To Cook Video Index. You can also subscribe to the Stella Culinary School Podcast feed through traditional RSS or iTunes.