Sous Vide At Home -
Teriyaki Glaze - Basic Recipe
A basic teriyaki glaze that can be used as is or doctored with extra flavors to create your own, unique sauce.
|4||c||Soy Sauce (Low Sodium Kikoman)|
|2||c||Vinegar, Rice Wine|
- Combine all ingredients except for oranges in a large sauce pot and bring to a simmer over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Zest oranges into sauce pot, cut in half, squeeze juice into pot and drop halved oranges into pot as well.
- Once sauce comes to a simmer, reduce heat to low, so that the sauce maintains an extremely gentle simmer.
- Continue to simmer for exactly 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, pass finished sauce through a strainer and chill. Will keep for up to a month in the refrigerator.
Again, this is a simple base recipe that can be easily doctored. Here are some ideas to customize this sauce:
- Switch out some or all of the sugar with brown sugar for a darker, richer, teriyaki glaze.
- Substitute the 2 cups of water for fresh fruit juice such as pineapple, apple, orange, etc.
- Add fresh herbs the last 10 minutes of the simmering such as thyme, cilantro, Thai Basil, scallions, etc.