- Sauce (Suave, smooth texture with a glossy appearance)
- Ask Chef Jacob Brioche Hambuger buns
- Whats Cooking? Something fine and fancy or just good and delicious...
- English Muffins
- Pizza perfection--In search of a better Neopolitan pizza dough recipe
- Calling all pie dough experts
- kaiser rolls
How to Roast and Peel Bell Peppers
A quick video that will demonstrate how to roast and peel a bell pepper.
Technique at a Glance
Roast bell peppers over an open flame or hot grill until the skin is charred black. Do not rush this process; the biggest mistake that most people make when roasting bell peppers before peeling is under roasting. A propane or MAP gas torch will also work.
Remove charred peppers from flame, place in an appropriate sized container, cover with plastic wrap and allow to steam for 10 minutes.
After steaming period, remove charred skin by rubbing the exterior of the bell pepper with a lint free towel.
Seed and julienne.
Roasted and peeled bell peppers are great on pizza, sandwiches, hamburgers, mixed into pasta dishes and served on antipasto platters.
|For more posts just like this, check out our ongoing Kitchen Prep Video Series. You can also view our complete How To Cook Video Index.|