- English Muffins...
- Steakhouse Steakburger... Animal style.
- Crabcakes in Baltimore
- Ask Chef Jacob Brioche Hambuger buns
- italian meringue/ stability problem
- Triple cooked French Fries
- Gnoci or Noike Bread--resurecting the food of childhood
- In search for perfect flour: Physico-Chemical Analysis of Flour
- Southern Fried Chicken
Fried Polenta Caprese
In a previous video, we went over how to make a basic version of creamy polenta. In this video, we take the leftover creamy polenta, let it set in a mold overnight, slice and pan fry. The fried polenta cake is then topped with a simple caprese that makes a great summer dish that's perfect for a quick lunch on a sunny patio.
Fried polenta is extremely versatile, and although we topped it with a simple caprese in this video, here are some additional serving ideas:
Top with your favorite tomato sauce, cheese of your choice and some fresh chopped herbs.
A simple drizzle of olive oil with a sprinkle of sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper and basil.
Top with tamato-corn salsa and serve as a side dish at your summer get together.
|For more posts just like this, check out our ongoing Cooking Techniques Video Series. You can also view our complete How To Cook Video Index.|