- Modernist Cuisine, Is it worth the money?
- Pizza perfection--In search of a better Neopolitan pizza dough recipe
- English Muffins...
- Diastatic Malt Powder
- Source for Tabasco peppers
- How to cut up hard-cooked eggs
- Most powerful means of boiling water
- Triple cooked French Fries
- More Brioche hamburger buns
- Tri Tip baked and smoked in my Big Green Egg.
How To Pan Roast Fish | Video
Pan roasting at the simplest level is starting a food product in a hot pan on the stove-top and then finishing in the oven. In this video, we pan roast a piece of halibut to give it a great crust and a succulent texture. The number one key to this technique is to never peak at your crust side and trust your judgment.
Although halibut is used in this video, any thick fillet of fish can be pan roasted in the exact same fashion including salmon, sea bass and larger pieces of cod.
- How to portion halibut (Video)
- Pan roasted halibut, tomato panzanella salad, lemon caper beurre-blanc (Video Recipe)
- Halibut Ceviche (Photo Recipe)
|For more posts just like this, check out our ongoing Cooking Techniques Video Series. You can also view our complete How To Cook Video Index.|