- Ask Chef Jacob - No Really, Ask Me A Question ...
- Counter Top Deep Fryer Recommendations
- The Science of Freezing
- Phenonemon of overbrining
- Country Gravy
- Best equipment for confit & sous vide applications
- Vacuum packing
- Chicken: (How age, breed, breeding mechanism and size affect flavor)
- I've been challenged to produce the ultimate Hamburger Bun...
February 5, 2012 - 7:06am#1
In the future recommend a podcast on the science of brining. It's not easy to understand why if I cooking chicken breast and holding it hot in water drys the meat, but brining it in salt and water before cooking makes it juicy. Possibly a good food science video.