- What shape loaf?
- Excited to be a new member!
- Preheating a roasting pan?
- Sandwich Loaf Sourdough
- Converting traditional to sourdough--oh my!
- sourdough starter question
- Transferring from banneton to hot iron dutch oven
- Pain au levain - from the grill
- Baking a BIG loaf
- Fermented my sauerkraut, now what?
February 5, 2012 - 7:06am#1
In the future recommend a podcast on the science of brining. It's not easy to understand why if I cooking chicken breast and holding it hot in water drys the meat, but brining it in salt and water before cooking makes it juicy. Possibly a good food science video.