Cook With Passion!
Why 3... why not 4? I might not be able to survive without Michel Suas' Complete Bread and Pastry.
1. The Flavor Bible
2. The Louisiana Kitchen
#3 is up in the air I could go with the Joy of Cooking, The Best Recipes........... I just don't know!
The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook.”
― Julia Child
New Guy: "I thought you weren't supposed to cut towards yourself?"
Me: " No, YOU aren't supposed to cut towards yourself. I know what I'm doing"
-Why make food for dinner when you can make dinner a culinary experience?
Food is the ultimate passion. It is necessity and indulgence in one
1. The Louisiana Kitchen (my copy is a mess from years of overuse!)
2. Wenzel's Menu Maker (encyclopedia of recipes with servings of 25, 50 and 100, great for planning events)
3. True Thai: The Modern Art of Thai Cooking
Out of chaos and madness out of experimentation, comes progress.
Out of the mess comes perfection.
I really only have two cooking books
Sauces by James Peterson
and Culinary Artistry
I have been thinking about getting On Food and Cooking but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
It's not exactly a cooking book but What to Drink with What you Eat is really good for planning a complete meal. It is by the same authors as culinary artistry
Their next book "The Flavor Bible" is invaluable.
1. Thomas Keller's The French Laundry Cookbook
2. Modernist Cuisine, like others have mentioned. I have the "At Home" version. I haven't really gotten into it yet, but the content seems fascinating.
3. Herbs & Spices: The Cook's Reference by Jill Norman
There's a whole interesting world of herbs and spices out there to explore, and most cooks, including myself, neglect it too often, besides the ones we're comfortable using and combining.
Good Morning Jacob,
Wow, this is a very difficult question ... I house almost 500 in English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French and one in German.
I shall state, that by breaking them down in categories:
CATEGORY - INFORMATIVE BIBLES ...
1) The Flavour Bible
2) Larousse Gastronomique
MEDITERRANEAN CLASSIC RECIPES ...
1) The Culinaria Series ( available in English from Amazon ); this series contains, products produced, traditional recipes, historical and geographical data with maps all in color, on each product, wonderfully informative breakdown of each and every region and stunning photographs. I have Italia, Spain, Greece and France; Mexico & South America and the Caribbean ...
The series consists of 12, including Asia, North America, Africa, the Middle East, Australia, and is extraordinaire for background research and authentic recipes of each region.
2) Author: Michelle Scicolone for Italian
I am quite a fan of Jaime Oliver´s Mediterranean Cookbook, Gordon Ramsey´s 365 Days A Year Menus, Chef José Andrés and Basque Chef Karlos Arguiñano for Spanish regional who is the presenter of a tv programme which is on Rtve Antena 3 T.V. and can be seen online in Spanish only, The Kerasma Organization for Greek Classics, Julia Child and Michel Bras for French and French Techniques and Jacques Pepin´s numerous editions.
Though, as we probably all could, go on and on ...
Have lovely weekend,