Thanks chef for your answer about my inquiry . If i plan to make a starter with flour that has High gluten ( 14 % ) , only this flour in the starter , so i have to mix 500g flour and 500g of water . But i don't understand what you have said to me that i may need to add a little more water (about 1-3% based on the baker's percentage) , so 500g of water i will mix with 500g of flour , is there any more water or what ?
and also i have a small inquiry ...
Everytime i feed my sourdough starter , i have to remove half of my starter and feed the remainder with the same amount of flour and water removed ???
Also , the quantity that i removed everytime i feed my starter , i throw it in the bin ? or it is useful for something else ???
Finally , i want to say thanks for everything chef and sorry if my questions are strange or many or something else .
- Converting traditional to sourdough--oh my!
- sourdough starter question
- Transferring from banneton to hot iron dutch oven
- Excited to be a new member!
- Pain au levain - from the grill
- Baking a BIG loaf
- Fermented my sauerkraut, now what?
- How to avoid dry turkey sausage w/o just adding fat?
- Halibut sous vide
- Using the Discarded starter