Thanks chef for your answer about my inquiry . If i plan to make a starter with flour that has High gluten ( 14 % ) , only this flour in the starter , so i have to mix 500g flour and 500g of water . But i don't understand what you have said to me that i may need to add a little more water (about 1-3% based on the baker's percentage) , so 500g of water i will mix with 500g of flour , is there any more water or what ?
and also i have a small inquiry ...
Everytime i feed my sourdough starter , i have to remove half of my starter and feed the remainder with the same amount of flour and water removed ???
Also , the quantity that i removed everytime i feed my starter , i throw it in the bin ? or it is useful for something else ???
Finally , i want to say thanks for everything chef and sorry if my questions are strange or many or something else .
- The benefit of understanding the Baker's Percentage system...
- I used a tenderizing mallet and my chicken was stringy??
- Triple cooked French Fries
- Ask Chef Jacob - No Really, Ask Me A Question ...
- Cleaning a commercial slicer
- Vacuum packing
- Holding cabinets
- Gelee/Gelatin/Gel, How to get it & How use it
- Best equipment for confit & sous vide applications