- Fresh turmeric
- Vacuum packing
- Chicken: (How age, breed, breeding mechanism and size affect flavor)
- Ask Chef Jacob - No Really, Ask Me A Question ...
- The benefit of understanding the Baker's Percentage system...
- The Science of Freezing
- Best equipment for confit & sous vide applications
- Gelee/Gelatin/Gel, How to get it & How use it
- What constitutes the perfect Buffalo Wing
- Holding cabinets
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.
In part four of our five part mother sauce series, we talk about Sauce Tomat, the base for many variations of modern tomato sauce. We finish up our talk on thickening agents, with a quick discussion on purees, bread crumbs, and food grade gums like Ultra Tex 3 and Xanthan Gum. In the main technique segment, we go over Escoffier's classic recipe for Sauce Tomat, and then cover some modern variations.
Links For This Episode
For our complete list of audio lectures you can view The Stella Culinary School Podcast Index. For a list of video techniques, please visit our How To Cook Video Index. You can also subscribe to the Stella Culinary School Podcast feed through traditional RSS or iTunes.