- Converting traditional to sourdough--oh my!
- Pain au levain - from the grill
- Transferring from banneton to hot iron dutch oven
- sourdough starter question
- Baking a BIG loaf
- Excited to be a new member!
- Fermented my sauerkraut, now what?
- How to avoid dry turkey sausage w/o just adding fat?
- Halibut sous vide
- Using the Discarded starter
This recipe for deep fried mac and cheese was originally developed for a fillet of beef dish that I did a few years back. The great thing about this recipe is that you can make the macaroni cakes a day in advance, panko crust them, and then deep fry when you're ready to serve. This recipe also uses a technique for cooking the macaroni pasta that is very similar to risotto; this yields a creamy pasta that holds together well when cooled, making it much easier to bread and fry. All ounce measurements are by weight.