- Ask Chef Jacob - No Really, Ask Me A Question ...
- The benefit of understanding the Baker's Percentage system...
- The Science of Freezing
- Best equipment for confit & sous vide applications
- Chicken: (How age, breed, breeding mechanism and size affect flavor)
- Vacuum packing
- Fresh turmeric
- Gelee/Gelatin/Gel, How to get it & How use it
- What constitutes the perfect Buffalo Wing
- Holding cabinets
This recipe for deep fried mac and cheese was originally developed for a fillet of beef dish that I did a few years back. The great thing about this recipe is that you can make the macaroni cakes a day in advance, panko crust them, and then deep fry when you're ready to serve. This recipe also uses a technique for cooking the macaroni pasta that is very similar to risotto; this yields a creamy pasta that holds together well when cooled, making it much easier to bread and fry. All ounce measurements are by weight.